Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Rainbow Cuppies!

Well tomorrow is my birthday (well technically today since it is after midnight) and since I am the cake baker around these parts I normally don't get a cake unless I make it myself. Instead of making myself a cake this year I decided to treat my kids classes to rainbow cuppies with green frosting! The kids got to help decorate as well which they always enjoy doing! Normally I am an all natural no artificial colors sort of girl but seeing that tomorrow is a special day (my birthday and St. Patrick's Day) I decided to go all out with a rainbow (literally) of colors added to cake batter and baked up into adorable multi-colored cuppies to celebrate my favorite day of the year DUH!


After tomorrow is over there will be about 50 kids with artificial colors running through their veins. Kids bouncing off the walls and giggling from the sugar high. So right now I just want to say "sorry" to the teachers that have to deal with these little monsters after they eat these cupcakes!

On a side note a good friend of mine (Mandy-Bona Fide Mama) had a friend contact me about an article in the local paper about work at home moms which I will be featured. I am super excited about it and get to do a fun photo shoot on wednesday for the paper! I will update on that as it happens. Hopefully we will get a cute photo out of it and educate everyone out there on the trend of work at home moms that has been catching on quickly!

5 comments:

  1. OMG! Those are too cute!! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are sooo cute. Is there anything you can't do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I love these!!! That is REALLY excited about the newspaper article! Let me know when it will be in the paper, so I can make sure and buy one! Agreed... I think working mothers are amazing... I have been the work a 9-5ish working mom, a sahm that is attempting to make money... it is all hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the cupcakes!! Such a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete